BECOME AND EXHIBITOR OR ENTERTAINER
Work With Us
The Christmas Market is organised by the Salisbury BID. It is expensive to stage and manage and as a non-profit making organisation we are keen to hear from anyone that would like to help. If you are an individual or organisation that can spare some time to help us make Salisbury’s Christmas Market the best in the country, please get in touch! The Christmas Market is a fun and exciting event to be involved with and we have a happy team who are looking for enthusiastic people to join their ranks. The market provides excellent work experience for students but we’d love to hear from you whatever your age or background.
We are looking for:
- Friendly and enthusiastic ‘Meeters and Greeters’ for coaches coming to the Christmas Market to welcome visitors as they arrive on coaches, offering them maps and guides, answering any general questions about the city and accompanying them to the Christmas Market
- Marshals and Stewards for the Lantern Procession and Opening Night
- Additional stewards to help in the day to day running of the Christmas Market
- Musicians, Singers and Performers for daytime and evening entertainments at the Market or the Opening Night
- Helpers for our Christmas Market leaflet distribution
- Helpers to wrap presents for the Father Christmas Grotto
- People to help with setting up the event. This will include decorating the chalets and the Guildhall Square. Anyone with carpentry/DIY skills would be particularly welcome
Event Management Students
We sometimes take on work experience students and would be happy to consider applications from serious students who would like to gain unrivalled experience in running a major event. While we are unfortunately unable to offer a salary, we can pay reasonable expenses.
If you have a good idea for involvement and would like to run it past us, we are always open to suggestions and new ideas, and try to embrace them wherever we can!
Please contact the Salisbury BID and one of our team will be happy to help.
Tel. 01722 441688 / 07436 266 560